By Israel News Online staff
US and UK: Hundreds of children from multiple Jewish schools were evacuated after bomb threats were called in on Monday morning.
Shortly after, multiple other locations were evacuated – including the JCA (Jewish Community Alliance) in Jacksonville FL, a JCC in Boca Raton FL, Nashville TN, Maryland, South Carolina, and California.
Police are now investigating bomb threats at Jewish centers nationwide including:
Thankfully, as of now, all locations have been found safe, and students allowed to return to the buildings.
Miami PD released this statement:
Jewish schools across UK were also put on alert after hoax bomb threats earlier this morning (UK time).
Non-Jewish schools were also threatened as police conducted searches before declaring all sites “safe and secure.”
Jewish schools were put on emergency alert this morning after a series of hoax bombs threats.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed they were alerted at 10.30am to phone calls made to schools in Roehampton, Ilford and Brent in London, in which it was claimed explosive devices had been planted on the premises.
Officers conducted a thorough search of all three sites, and others schools were placed on emergency lock-down while the searches were concluded.
Hoax calls were also made to a small number of non-Jewish schools.
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “Police were alerted at around 10:30am hrs on Monday, 9 January, to phone calls made to schools in Roehampton, Ilford and Brent in which bomb threats were made.
“Police officers attended the schools. All three incidents were stood down a short time later. An investigation into the threat will be conducted.”
After learning that at least two of the threats affected Jewish schools, the Community Security Trust took the decision, following consultation with the police, to alert all Jewish schools across the UK .
But at no stage was a decision taken to evacuate any school.
At one Jewish primary children were told to adopt the “sleeping lions” position used during an emergency situation.
Other schools were placed under temporary lock-down, meaning no one could enter or leave.
In a statement, CST confirmed: “A small number of Jewish schools across the country received bomb threats, as did a small number of non-Jewish schools.
“The Jewish schools followed security procedures, and CST and police immediately responded. All of the sites have been searched, and declared safe and secure. CST thanks school staff, pupils and parents for their calm response to these calls.”